Message: John 3:30. For all believers who desire meaningful spiritual growth in their walk with God. There is no height you cannot attain in the spirit if only you are ready to take the bull by the horn; do away with every form of hindrance and follow the principles of spiritual growth laid down in God's word. Hebrews 5:12-14 12 You have been Christians a long time now, and you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things a beginner must learn about the Scriptures.* You are like babies who drink only milk and cannot eat solid food. 13 And a person who is living on milk isn’t very far along in the Christian life and doesn’t know much about doing what is right. 14 Solid food is for those who are mature, who have trained themselves to recognize the difference between right and wrong and then do what is right." Jesus expects each believer to grow to the level where he can teach others. In many of the Epistles, the believer is encouraged to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Christ (2 Peter 3:18). When a believer refuses to grow, he remains a spiritual babe who is unskillful in the WORD. Such baby Christians need milk and not strong meat. When we as believers, begin to apply the truth we know in our lives, we will begin to grow and our knowledge of Christ will also increase. Paul encourages the believer to be "rooted and built up in Him" (Col. 2:7). As believers, we draw our nutrients from Him, i.e. Jesus Christ. As you pray these prayer points for spiritual growth, the Holy Spirit will draw you into a deeper and fulfilling relationship with Christ.
· Scripture for meditation Phil. 3:10,14: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; . . . I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
1. O Lord, comfort my heart.
2. O Lord, establish me in every good work.
3. O Lord, establish me in every good word.
4. God of peace, sanctify me wholly, in the name of Jesus.
5. Father Lord, let my body, soul and spirit be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, in the name of Jesus.
6. Let me be filled with the knowledge of His will, in Jesus' name.
7. Let me be filled with all wisdom and spiritual understanding, in the name of Jesus.
8. Father Lord, help me to walk worthy of, and pleasing to the Lord, in the name of Jesus.
9. Father Lord, make me be fruitful in every good work, in Jesus' name.
10. O Lord, increase me in the knowledge of God.