No Charge

Artist: Shirley Ceaser

Now our little boy came up to his mom

In the kitchen this evenin' while she was fixin' supper

And he handed her a piece of paper he'd been writin' on

And after wipin' her hands on her apron

She read it, and this is what it said.



For mowin' the lawn, five dollars

For makin' my own bed this week, one dollar

And for goin' to the store, fifty cents

An' playin' with little brother while you went shoppin', twenty-five cents.



Takin' out the trash, one dollar

Gettin' a good report card, five dollars

And for rakin' the yard, two dollars

Total owed, fourteen seventy-five.



Well, as mom looked at him standin' there expectantly

And I could see the mem'ries flashing through her mind

And so she picked up the pen, and turnin' the paper over

This is what she wrote.



For the nine months I carried you growin' inside me, no charge

For the nights I've sat up with you

Doctored you, and prayed for you, no charge

For the time and the tears

That you've cost through the years, there's no charge

And when you add it all up

The full cost of my love is no charge.



For the nights filled with dread

And all the worries ahead, no charge

For advice and the knowledge

And the cost of your college, no charge

For the toys, food and clothes and even for wipin' your nose

There's no charge, son

And when you add it all up

The full cost of my love is, no charge.



Well, when he finished readin'

He had great big old tears in his eyes

And he looked up at her standing there and said

Mama, I sure do love you

Then he took the pen,

And in great big letters

He wrote PAID IN FULL.



Lord knows when you add it all up

The cost of real love is, no charge...

Comments

  1. Anonymous15:16

    This is absolutely one of my favorite songs! Oh how I love to hear her sing this as it reminds me of my mother and the love, praying and care she done for me. I cry tears of joy everytime I hear it. I cried tears of joy today just reading it. You are such a blessing in my life and I just love you. Thank you so much for putting this song on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous15:45

    To God be the Glory Valerie it is a great song to us all. am happy you love it too.

    Godbless

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Dear Friend , God bless you as you leave your comment.
You are Special and I love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Todd Bentley, Divorcing His Wife!!!

Todd Bentley's Unholy Affair!

The Miracle Of Prayer